Sunday, April 1, 2007

Weekend Dinners:

We had some really nice dinners this weekend:
Saturday we had a Greek Chicken salad, with a dressing made of:
feta cheese, lemon juice, kalamata olives, and scallions mixed with oregano
with broiled chicken breasts, sliced, on a bed of mixed salad greens with grape tomatoes.
Good stuff!
Tonight, we had salmon baked in parchment packets made with lemon slices, lemon juice, sliced zucchini, baby asparagus, dill, butter, S&P, scallions, and sliced grape tomatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (give or take) and serve on a bed of jasmine rice.

We checked out a local deli this afternoon after church and I had my first PHILLY STEAK SANDWICH!!!
All I can say is, WOW! With Philly steak sandwiches loose in the world, it's no wonder obesity is such a problem. Thank God I haven't experienced the Philly Steak sandwich in all it's cheesy, steaky goodness prior to the age of 37 or I'd have a great deal more than 20 pounds to lose.

No comments: