Sunday, April 15, 2007

What's Blooming:

After Jake and I took a loooong walk with the dogs, who are behaving so well-- I got around to turning the small garden plot by the house again. I planted: beets, sno peas, mesculin and mixed lettuce, spinach, and onions. They're all cold weather crops, so they should do fine, even if it gets a bit frosty.
I have a couple dozen asparagus plants to get in the ground as well, but I'm not sure where to put them...

What's in the gardens:
Daffodils are coming back, and the later blooming varities are getting started
Tulips are coming up, but I hope they're at least a couple weeks away
Anemones are blooming (blanda bulbs and multifida Anabella plants)
Scilla are blooming
arabis Alpina Snowcap is blooming (pictured below)
the chionodoxa forbesii, muscari, and allium roseums started just before the cold, and are recovering ok
I'm sad that the crocus are done-- it was just too cold for too long


And finally, most everything is coming back, but nothing else is close to blooming for a while

No comments: