Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day, 2007

Mother's Day started with a bit of a fizzle... I waited in bed until almost 9:45 for one of the joys of my loins to jump into bed and wake me with a festive "Happy Mother's Day", but I finally had to pee and got up, somewhat disgruntled. Of course, Jacob had been up for hours already, playing his new video game, and Grace finally had to be tossed out of bed after I was ready to chew my arm off from hunger at around 10:30.
After much whining and complaining, cajoling, coercing, and threatening, my husband and I were able to rustle up the children to have a lovely brunch at Antigua Real, a South American restaurant in Mukwonago, aka "God's Gift to Mexican Food".
I had a wonderful spinach and pepper omelet with black beans, red potatoes, and plantains, and we all shared a plate of crepes stuffed with a rice milk pudding and topped with berries, bananas, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. Fab-U-lous!
We spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning up the humongous tree mess from Jake cutting down the dead popple tree, which was kindof fun, even tho I had to drag grace, kicking and screaming, out to help. "No, none of us want to work. We all would like to lie on the couch all day. Trust me..."

Emily showed up right about the time I was dozing off on the couch, and we all had a great time
Michael loved playing outside, he's a real fan of the swings:-) And the dogs playplayplayed all afternoon. Emily surprised me with flowers, chocolate dipped strawberries and a fantastic chocolate cake (does that girl get me or what?), and it ended up to be a lovely day.
Jake purchased me an Endless Summer Hydrangea, which I planted in the west garden in the line of hostas; hopefully I can train the bush up the side of the house. I'm not 100% sure of the growth habit of this particular hydrangea, but I can always move it if it doesn't work in it's spot. I'd really like to get a Japanese Maple in the west garden as well, but they're $70... and considering how much the rabbits like to eat them, I'm not sure I want to take an expensive risk.

Happy Mother's Day to All!

No comments: