Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday:




I had the WORST headache today, I think it's from the muggy weather (and most DEFINITELY not from all the wine I drank last night!). I came home from work this afternoon, popped a couple ibuprofen, and cozied up on my fabulous lawn chair under the maple tree with my pillow. A cool breeze was blowing, the flowers were swaying in the wind, the birds were singing, the puppy was playing... I fell asleep for a short while and awoke feeling like I was in the most amazing dream. The headache was gone, my energy returned, and I finished up all the tasky type stuff I've been putting off while getting the big stuff finished: I cleaned out the chicken coop and pen, put away all the garden tools in the barn, transplanted the last few shade plants in better spots, took photos, watered, and made an incredible chicken salad (I cut up the remaining chicken from Sunday's dinner, marinated it in olive oil, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, and chopped garlic; picked salad greens, spinach, and baby beet greens from the kitchen garden; found some carrots, broccoli, kalamata olives, and feta cheese in the fridge, and there it was. Good, good, stuff!).



Jake raised the tipi poles this evening as well, and we're hoping the skin comes soon... Jacob is having his first group sleepover party a week from Saturday, and it would be great if the boys could sleep in a real, live tipi. Jacob is soooo excited, and I'm praying that he doesn't get nervous, as he's shy, and trying to make new friends before school lets out. Wish my poor, shy boy some luck; he's had a heck of a time making friends.
P.S. without divulging many gory details, the worm pills were a raving success, at least for the puppy. I have no evidence for Daisy, but her belly looks a little less swollen today.
Hooray for modern, efficient medicines! We can all sleep better tonight...

No comments: