Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday:

With the exception of the few CD's my daughter glommed off me and left with her BF, my entire musical life history is now recorded onto my MP3 player; I can't believe it all fits! There are quite a few more things I'd like to load, like my Django Reinhardt, but I have 5 CD's and I have no idea what to pick. And of course, there are tons of songs I'd like to BUY (like Peter Murphy's "Cuts You Up", a couple Nitzer Ebb songs, etc), but so far, so good. I'm fairly happy with what's being pumped into my ears-- "Burning Down the House" (Talking Heads) and previously, "Close to Me" by the Cure. Listening to the Cure brings me back to those incredible days with my very first boyfriend-- it's funny how you can relive a moment long past just by hearing a song.
The new tipi is offically up and informally blessed;


the sleepover guests (yes, two showed up somewhat unannounced. How wierd. But Jacob was thrilled, and we are glad to have them! Just look at those smiles:)

And I cleaned the house, top to bottom, with many forgotten chores attended to: dusting, vacuuming behind couches, mopping, organizing, et al. I'm feeling the need to get things in order (music collection included) before I'm off to camp, and the summer cruises by in a cluttered, dirty haze. It felt really good to get everything good and clean (altho I almost killed all the carnivorous plants and orchids in the process-- don't ask!), and our lives in order. The calla lilies just opened and look lovely, as always:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Nitzer Ebb songs do you want?

Cyndi said...

Murderous, maybe-- Join in the Chant would be good, too; it reminds me SO much of Medusa's, which no one seems to remember anymore, sadly.

Anonymous said...

I think I have those, let me know and I will share.....

Cathy