Thursday, June 14, 2007

Beer Margaritas from the Food Network

I am always on the lookout for new and enticing ways to send me to my "happy place" (aka after one drink). Jake and I checked out a fabulous restaurant a while back that had margaritas made with beer; this is the closest I've found to the nummy recipe, and far more economical than the $7 a pop restaurant variety:

1 lime, cut into 8 wedges 1/4 cup coarse salt
2 (12-ounce) bottles your favorite beer (I used Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy), chilled 1/2 cup frozen concentrate limeade, thawed
1/2 cup chilled tequila
Ice cubes

Rub lime wedges around rims of 4 margarita glasses. Dip rims into salt to coat lightly. In a medium pitcher, combine beer, limeade, and tequila. Fill prepared glasses with ice, then with margarita mixture. Garnish with remaining lime wedges. Serve immediately.

Yee Ha!

UPDATE:
I'm not sure if it's the combination of beer and tequila, but these pack a nasty hangover, even after only 2. I still have a headache, 2 days later. Boo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that you are just a "CHEAP DATE". When have you ever been able to drink more than 1 drink without getting a headache.