Friday, March 23, 2007

What I want...

I want a regular job, one that I can get really good at so I can say I really and truly know what I'm doing. I want to get older doing the same thing over and over, so I can proudly (or exasperatingly) say "I've been here 10 years, or 15 years", blah blah blah. I want to be a figure to be reconed with on the unit, so when the shit goes down or we hire someone I don't like, I'm secure enough to get over it quickly. I want a secure position which will give me enough financial freedom to pay for things I want/need, especially VACATIONS! I love GI, it's easy/hard enough to be a balanced variant of boring and interesting to meet my changing needs:-) The new position I've been waiting over a month for is 2-10 hour days one week, and 2-10's and an 8 hour shift the next-- hopefully the same days of the week, so I can get a nice exercise routine going. There was the cutest young woman at work the other day whose slender, toned body reminded me of mine when I was that age. Boy, I miss that body...
Anyhoo, on the exercise note, I also want a digital scale so I can weigh myself at least once a week; maybe I'll pick one up this afternoon when I go to get milk (ah! the evil lure of the Super WalMart!).
I've been exercising the little peepee "8 Minutes a Day" and walking 30 + minutes most every day, and since I am so flabby and out of shape (but still about 2 sizes smaller that the average American woman, I have to add, in deference to my ego) I can really feel it-- you do arm exercises with weights and leg and abdominal stuff, but it's my calves that hurt the most. I do so much standing with my new job that I think the walking/standing combo has taken a toll. Fortunately, I'm certain I'll get used to it...
I am looking forward to seeing at least a 10# weight loss fairly effortlessly, since I am heavier than even I imagined (162# at work, but I was fully clothed, and it was after lunch). But still... eek!

No comments: