Saturday, March 10, 2007

In a Rut

I am currently in a rut to transcend all ruts-- I am lethargic, a wee bit depressed, and completely uninterested in doing anything. A fantastic day by my latest standards is defined by having absolutely NOTHING to do, but then I am somehow deeply distressed that I end up doing NOTHING. I think the excitement comes from having the option to find something on my own to do above and beyond the humdrum, but since I can't, it bums me out. Der...

What I'd really like to do, but I am not sure if I can pull it off, is join the local gym and go at least a couple times a week for a class and use the equipment on my days off. I know it would be hard, since I'm so flabby and out of shape, and I'm a lazy slacker, but I'd still like to try it. I'd also like to go work out with my hubby once or twice a week; I think it would be a great way to "spice up" our marriage, kindof sexy to get all sweaty together and in shape....

I wanted to mention after all my whining and lamenting that hubby and Jacob surprised me last weekend with the coolest of all cool birthday presents; a scary, really heavy garden gnome-- it's AWESOME! Totally redeems the lame birthday party fiasco. They also got me a CAKE, and sang me Happy Birthday! I was very happy:-)

No comments: