Monday, January 15, 2007

Success!

My new spot is really PERFECT for exercising! So no excuses, right? I did 20 minutes of yoga today, which was really cool, and I made sure to take great satisfaction in kicking the dogs out and closing the door (and hide from my husband, who I could peek at from under the curtain while he was busy shoveling outside. I felt so sneaky!).
Today was a FUN day, very productive (only one nap--I love days off!). I spent a good amount of time transferring photos from long-forgotten CF cards, from long forgotten vacations (a la 2005). I'm still not 100% sure about the process, but am not feeling too hopelessly old and out of date;-)
On another note, hubby and I decided last week to dust off an interesting book he got a few years ago in a desperate attempt to rev up our romantic life-- "101 Nights of Grrreat Romance". Of course, being in schlumpy mommy mode several years ago, I spurned the idea of anything associated with more sex... (one suggestion from the book: "Take nude photos of yourself and surprise your lover"-- yipes! As if!) But, now that the kids are older and less able to burn up all available brain cells/energy, it's time to jump back on that horse...
My card I drew for today (you draw secret idea cards, and then have to do what's suggested inside, plus/minus horrifying naked photos) was to serve my guy breakfast in bed, and then stay in bed as long as possible (hubba hubba). Which was all well and good, easy even. I bought a lovely blueberry coffee cake, placed it on a vintage platter and surrounded it with fresh, ripe strawberries. I changed into a nice nightie, took my hubby by the hand, led him into the bedroom............
only to find our dog, happily feasting on the coffe cake. God bless 'im.
Well, we *do* spend more time laughing than staring longingly into each other's eyes, so we had a good laugh (cut the narsty part out of the cake, and we still ate the rest). Welcome to my world...

No comments: