Monday, January 15, 2007

In the Beginning...

Life is good-- I got a new laptop, which launched an incredible spate of cleaning and organizing... amazing how one small addition to your life can create an avalanche in the "To Do" dept. I had to (of course) completely re-assess the space the new computer was going to live-- and when I discovered what a dusty, grimy mess the computer desk was, that was all she wrote. Next thing you know, I'm surrounded by garbage, boxes, knick nacks pulled from shelves, and millions of dustballs. Bleck. It only took all Sunday (minus one short nap) to get it all pulled together. My room looks eerily feng shui, whatever that exactly is...
In any event, the ultimate goal, beyond eliminating gross dustbunnies that keep my nose honking all winter, was to be able to have a space large enough to actually exercise my flabby ass in privacy and comfort. If I try the "Belly Dance" workout in the living room, it becomes great sport of entertainment for my critical children (and smirking husband, who probably doesn't realize the extent that my cellulite really does pucker under pressure. Yuk. Best that remains a mystery...). I also love that I won't be kicking the handrail of the stairs, shoving a dog aside that wants to smell my crotch mid lunge, etc and etc. You see, one of the firm selling points of the laptop, other than the fact that it propels me into the next century (um, the 2000's, which is spiffy) of technology, was that I could watch movies on it-- at camp, while camping, etc and etc. I could hardly believe the other day when i hooked it up that it actually WORKED! (as did the CD burner, which will surely launch me into another tailspin of techno-organization-- photos rotting in the basement and in CF cards, here I come!!!)
I feel as if I am moving in a new direction with my life, and it is good.

No comments: