Wednesday, June 18, 2008

hey dere

Blogging from camp this week; I can't tell you how excited this makes me, compliments of my handy new iphone. Technology for me is like a warm, fuzzy blanket, one that makes me feel that the world is far more safe and orderly than it probably is, especially since I'm holed up and responsible for the health and well being of 100-some kids in the woods and all....
This is such a great time to relax and catch up on reading and other stuff I've put off, all those magazines I've let sit, some from early 2007.I'm eyeballing a book on beekeeping and one on Quebec, both I'd like to explore in the near future. I've tried to be more contemplative in my stretches of free moments, but invariably, if my thoughts aren't interrupted by the occasional head injury, my ADHD riddled brain changes channels before too many solid thoughts can form-- typical!
The latest quandary du jour is whether to send the boy child to a different school, a Montessori program that would hopefully lead him to his tribe of creative thinkers vs the typical rough and tumble kids he doesn't jibe with in his current school. He doesn't want to go, of course, but when your lil dude says it's cause the kids will hate him at the new school as much as the old one, makes you think the kid needs a change even more than you thought, n'est pas?
School sucks major ass, that's all I can say; from the hellacious days I was forced to endure my ownself to struggling daily alongside the kids-- the asscrap never ends.
Enough about that...
I'm still figuring out how to blog from the phone; Ill try and post photos of camp if it's possible.

No comments: